4/14/18

DIY : Plaid Footstool Makeover


This Red Stool was another Brimfield Antique Flea Market find. 
The Top was preciously decoupaged with imagery not worth
 showing. Made of solid wood with red paint and hints of
Black spray paint, yielding a rustic look. This was 
something I could transform very easily.


• Sanded off the top!
• Then cleaned the whole piece with mild soap and water & let dry.



• Placed the top of the stool onto the Card-stock of my choice.
• Traced the top onto the paper and cut out my piece.
• With a wider brush, I applied Decoupage medium onto the TOP of the Stool and onto the bottom of my cut Card-stock imagery!



Working quickly and with my trusty red plastic dough scrapper at hand, pressing down onto the card-stock.
• Moving up and down & side to side making sure to remove any air bubbles.
• Let dry for about 25 minutes



• Then, I took a quality Nail file and removed the excess card stock of the edges.
Revealing some of the wood, yielding a Rustic look!
• Wiped off debris and clean up for the next final step.
• Applied a few coats of Furniture Mod Podge to the Plaid Card stock as described on the bottle.



And, that my friend(s) was it! Love the way this came out.
Easy to do!

This Piece is available in my Etsy shop here.


No comments: