I get a lot of inspiration when I visit my favorite beach...
The trek alone takes over a hour and a half on foot,
no other way to get there... And it is so worth it!
I always seem to pick up white stones and shells, when wet they look magical... These little gifts from mother nature make me smile.
So, I decided what I needed is a container to house these special treasures. A little rustic Nautical keepsake box.
This is how I made it!
• Antique Matte Mod Podge
• Gloss Mod Podge ( You can use any Mod Podge)
• Mod Podge Tools
• Unfinished Wood Box
• Folk Art Stains (Love this product)
• Papers and prints to decoupage (Make sure they are copyright free)
• Sand paper or file (Not shown) for a rustic look (Optional)
• Stain the whole box with any Folk Art Stains.
• Dab a little stain on the edge of the Print, let dry...
• I decoupaged a piece of "Net" like paper on the top of Box, let dry...
Then, I decoupaged the "dry" print on top of the "net" like paper, this yields a
nice border frame.
Then I decoupaged the interior bottom and Top of box, let dry!